Vinyl Flooring from the quite some time gains intensive popularity within homeowners especially if they have plans to remodel their respective bathrooms & kitchens. The simple reason behind that this synthetic material has an ability to be highly resistible against the water, stain, and as well as provides the versatility & worth to money.
Vice-versa, the thing that offers some beneficial aspects surely contains some downwards aspects too and LVT flooring is no else the other entity. There is no doubt that LVT can embrace any flooring but it has some drawbacks which have to watch for.
But before we start evaluating its limitations, let’s take some a quick look to know what an LVT term really is.
Introduction of LVT Flooring:
Luxury Vinyl flooring, unlike its name, is the same as other vinyl materials (don’t get more involved the term Luxury) and the only difference it has from its siblings is that it is normally thicker than another type of vinyl flooring which leads it to replicate a look similar to stone or wood & combined well with the textures.
One of the most famous & popular types of it is in the form of tiles (LVT). Though, it also comes in two other types too like luxury vinyl planks (LVP) looks like wood and Engineered vinyl plank (EVP). They both have their separate characteristics to offer when installed.
But, we are going to discuss it’s most sought of type i.e. LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tiles). And before we reach to our this article topic, let discuss the advantages that an LVT offers:
- Throughout its time-span, this flooring offers great stability. Thus, it is regarded as the top material to be used not only in residential areas but in commercial plots too.
- As compared to an extensive installation & removal jobs of other material. It’s overall installation & maintenance cost is much inexpensive.
The above-discussed advantages are some of the basic of it as it has others too.
Now, gets back to our real conversation topic (as our title suggest) i.e. is the reasons or risks to avoid LVT while flooring your floor:
While a smooth look of luxury vinyl flooring without any denial is a positive point to look upon but this flooring has some serious installation & safety concerns. Like:
- Unintentional slips are the main leading contenders which can cause big damage to walkers in homes or in offices etc. LVT has a tendency to be more slippery in nature rather than other materials, especially in wet times.
- LVT floorings over time can release harmful gases like VOC’s which indeed result highly on living beings.
- This type of material does not consider as an eco-friendly, not applicable for the wheelchairs and difficult to replace or remove (if an adhesive is used) thus marks it a one of the most damageable flooring material to choose. Aside from that, It can also can’t be refurbished. So, it is advised to keep it away from sharp edges of the objects.
- There is a very high possibility that this material can fade away when got consistent interaction with the sunlight.
- LVT flooring regardless their lifespan does not offer any real resale value to the home. Apart from that its installation requires extensive preparation planning.
Conclusion: Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring definitely have attributes that any homeowner generally seeks but its installation process has some serious queries that surely have to be answered.
Have some doubts then reach us – the best tile flooring contractors in Miami.