Whenever we have to decide an ideal countertop material for a bathroom or for a kitchen, there exist numerous available options to weigh for and one should make a right move. Because a well-installed countertop material will act as a hallmark in your bathroom or in the kitchen. So, it is regarded as a nice move to do some initial brainstorming rather than regretting your decisions.
While there are lots of options to look for from natural stone to man-made stone. The one natural stone product whose popularity comprehensively escalates quickly in the trends is limestone.
The factor that plays a key role in its up-growing popularity are the attributes of it. Limestone natural elegance, neutral colors, patterns along with being economically achievable than other stones like travertine, marble makes it a right countertop material.
But as we know, each material has its pros & cons of what every homeowner should have to know.
And we notch up the most important advantages & disadvantages of limestone countertop material for you. Let’s take a brief look below:
Product forms of limestone – Limestone generally comes in three different forms:
- Slab: This material strategically used for the kitchen & bathroom countertops from ancient time. Though, its installation can impact highly on the bills.
- Tile: This material is more multipurpose in nature due to the availability of shapes & patterns. So this material can be used for indoors & outdoors too.
- Pavers: Being a wider & thick than the above-mentioned types it is regarded as the top material to lay in pavement areas.
Pros of limestone countertop material:
- Limestone is regarded as the most astonishing natural stone material that ever exists. Its elegant & earthy vibe makes it a deserved candidate too, the hues & tones of it thus making it an ideal indoor material. Their subtle varying shades help them emulate any design & texture.
- Its durability also makes escalates its popularity to a further extent, especially within the chefs. Some professional chefs also consider it worthy even against the man-made countertop materials like stainless steel.
- One reason that pops up its popularity to new charts is its uniqueness. Each extracted slab of it looks different from each other.
Cons of limestone countertop material:
- This material through-out the time required proper care & maintenance. Its major concentrating raw material includes Calcium Carbonate which makes it highly non-resistive against any sort of an acidic fluid. Thus need proper time to time cleansing.
- Its porous nature will also make your job harder as you have expected and will easily lead its surface to get a niggle or scratch easily when exposed against the sharp objects.
Conclusion: There (without any doubt) exist a huge variety & patterns of limestone in the market. But before making up your mind also remember it has two selection criteria that have to address before are its durability & exposure level.
If there is still something that you think you have to ask for then get in touch with us – the best tile installation company in Miami, Florida for a brief consultation.