The kitchen is the place that controls all the functionality of the home and most sought out place for every homeowner too. While renovating or remodeling a kitchen, a countertop is a spot of top priority for every homeowner. A countertop is generally a horizontal surface that will prove handy in your daily kitchen tasks like food preparation etc. It is basically designed by keeping in mind heightening factor of the user and positioned within a touching distance of cabinets, and other accessories storage areas to increase its productivity.
A countertop should be functional as well as stylish because a well-placed countertop will make your kitchen more useful and enhance your kitchen overall creativity. While doing it so, it is a huge decision to make to choose a right countertop material for your kitchen and there consists a vast range of high-end materials options which are available in the market such as granite, quartz, natural stone or marble, laminate, and traditional concrete floor. All of these options have something to offer in your kitchen design as per your requirement and apart from all, granite is the most popular countertop material and for good reason too as they are beautiful, natural, have wide patterns & colors, and can provide a gorgeous look to your kitchen.
And if granite is what you think of, then there are some factors that you have to consider like it’s pro and cons and fortunately, the best tile flooring Florida contractors – The Miami Floors have listed some of them for you as below:
Advantages of Granite for Countertops:
1. The main factor that led granite to become most sellable countertop material is its natural identity. Each slab of it is carved out from the igneous rocks which result in providing different shades and colors of it. Thus each slab of granite is unique from others which provide beauty and elegance that you surely gonna appreciated your whole lifetime.
2. Being a natural stone element, granite is considered to be one of the most durable and scratch resistant material. It also possesses the attributes like heat and stain resistant too which makes it very much immune to freezing, thawing, mold, heavy beating, and mildew which are main concerning factors of the kitchen. All of such attributes make it a material that can last longer than expected.
Disadvantages of Granite for countertops:
1. Granite needs to be sealed to make it less prone to stains and bacterial growth occasional annually. Because unsealed or unproperly sealed granite material can be absorbent to acidic fluids and chemicals which can produce some stain that might be too hard to deal with.
2. Granite material is porous in nature. Though, It’s hardness make it a rare entity to crack or chip but however stain still consider as the main primary issue that can force you to replace it in a near future. But other than that, it’s preservation seems to be a less concerning issue for homeowners.
3. Granite by far distance is considered to be an expensive material to use rather than other materials. So, be ready to loose some bills during its installation.
Remember, that Granite has attributes to deliver gorgeous aesthetics looks in kitchens and bathrooms and have other good qualities too which led it to create a timeless aura and appeal and makes it well within the range of an amateur DIYer. Granite countertops will take your high-quality kitchen to the whole new level visually and slightly become the most attractive centerpiece of it.
Let in touch with us, best tile installation company Miami, Florida– The Miami Floors!